Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Before brca

 

 
This journey actually began with my moms diagnosis of stage III breast cancer in November, 2012.  The picture above was taken right before her double mastectomy surgery. She is undergoing chemotherapy and radiation will follow. Her strength and faith continue to amaze me.  
After her diagnosis, the oncologist recommended comprehensive genetic testing to see if she carried the brca1 or brca2 gene mutation. Results showed: positive for deleterious brca2 mutation.  This is where my journey begins...


6 comments:

  1. You Are Not Alone In Your Journey. Lean On Us All That You Need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you so very much my summer soul sista!! Here for you always and forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you! Know a bit about the peripheral journey myself, since my 2 yr old niece was diagnosed with leukemia (and is 5 yrs. cancer-free now, yippee) and her father (my little brother) was just diagnosed with testicular cancer. Although they took his testicle and thought they got it all, his most recent follow-up appointment has shown the presence of two unknown spots. The waiting without knowing is the excruciating part. He will have a CT scan next Mon. and then, hopefully we'll know more. Praying for your mother and your whole family. Know this blog will be a great outlet for you and an encouragement to others who will search for information and find your words of faith in the midst of uncertainty and trial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy your niece is doing well! Please keep me posted on ur bro. The waiting is awful! Thank you again for the support.

      Delete

August 24th, 2013

I can't believe I haven't blogged since June 19th. The last few months have been absolutely crazy. I'll give an update on my ...