Sunday, June 2, 2013

Surgery Day- June 3, 2013

 
 
My friend Elizabeth, a survivor, gave me an amazing devotional book.
It has brought me great comfort because I know the words are true.
I believe.
 
Trust Me, and don't be afraid. Many things feel out of control. Your routines are not running smoothly.  You tend to feel more secure when your life is predictable. Let Me lead you to the rock that is higher than you and your circumstances. Take refuge in the shelter of My wings, where you are absolutely secure.
When you are shaken out of your comfortable routines, grip My hand tightly and look for growth opportunities. Instead of bemoaning the loss of your comfort, accept the challenge of something new. I lead you on from glory to glory, making you fit for My kingdom. Say yes to the ways I work in your life. Trust Me, and don't be afraid.


 
I am ready.
 
I am at peace.
 
I am so thankful for all of you.

I'm writing this blog post on Saturday before my surgery. I'm doing much better than the last time I posted.  I feel great. I'm listening to the Hawks game in the background and the sun is actually shining. My puppy is laying at my feet. The boys (and friends) are laughing downstairs. Jim is beating a level for me on candy crush. 
Just a normal Saturday afternoon.
 What's there to be afraid of?
 I trust my surgeons.
I'm healthy.
I am faithful.
I have my bag packed and new sheets on the bed. A friend brought me a cozy blanket and pillow yesterday for my recovery.
My sister says "pretend you're going to a spa."
I'll try!

I'm having a prophylactic bilateral double mastectomy with expanders at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital in Chicago.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. My surgery is suppose to start at 7:30 am. I'll be in surgery 3-4 hours then in recovery for 1-2 hours. It is going to be a long day!
If everything goes as planned I'll be coming home Tuesday, June 4th (Jordans 20th bday!)



thank you, friends, for taking this journey with me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

August 24th, 2013

I can't believe I haven't blogged since June 19th. The last few months have been absolutely crazy. I'll give an update on my ...